Cois Cladaigh is a mixed voice choir based in
Galway and was founded in 1982. The name - Cois Cladaigh - is
Irish and can be translated as "beside the Claddagh"
which is a well-known area in Galway City. The choir specialises
in European music from the late 15th and early 16th centuries
and also performs a formidable repertoire of contemporary choral
music, particularly from Ireland, but also from Scandinavia, Eastern
European countries, and North America.
Cois Cladaigh on Facebook!
Engagements in 2016
- 6 February
- Songs for Martin, St. Nicholas Collegiate Church
- 30 April
- Tully Cross Mussel Festival - "Cockles and Mussels", Tully Church, Co. Galway
- 29 June
- The Longest River, Galway
- 2 July
- SeaFest Galway. Concert St. Nicholas' Collegiate Church, 20.00.
- 7 July
- Joint concert with the Schola from San Josť, U.S.A., St. Nicholas Collegiate Church. 20.00
- 30 July
- Claddaghduff Community Hall, Co. Galway, 20.00
- 1 December
- International AIDS Day
- 17 December
- Christmas Concert, St. Nicholas Collegiate Church, 20.00
||8, Frenchville, The Claddagh , Galway, Ireland
||00 353 91 445844 (Home)
00 353 91 756812 (Work)
||00 353 91 756888