Cois Cladaigh is a mixed voice choir based in
Galway and was founded in 1982. The name - Cois Cladaigh - is
Irish and can be translated as "beside the Claddagh"
which is a well-known area in Galway City. The choir specialises
in European music from the late 15th and early 16th centuries
and also performs a formidable repertoire of contemporary choral
music, particularly from Ireland, but also from Scandinavia, Eastern
European countries, and North America.
Previous performances of Cois Cladaigh.
Visit Cois Cladaigh on Facebook!
Engagements in 2018
- 25 April
- ANZAC Day - Music by some New Zealand and Australian composers and suitable music for the date. St. Nicholas Collegiate Church at 8pm.
- 5 May
- Mussel Festival in Tully Cross
- 7 July
- North West Firelight Chorale, Seattle - Conductor Deeji Killian in St. Nicholas’ Collegiate Church.
- 19 October
- National Mental Health Day in St. Nicholas Collegiate Church
- 26-30 November
- Hosting a choir from Pesaro, Italy in St. Nicholas Collegiate Church
- 1 December
- International AIDS Day in St. Nicholas Collegiate Church
- 15 December
- Christmas Concert, St. Nicholas Collegiate Church, 20.00, in aid of Breast Cancer Research